Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Official Pro-Wrestling Thread

Started by Dorkus, February 05, 2013, 01:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorkus

Anyone watch the PPV? I like what they're doing with Swagger.

Crash Dummie

Seriously. The break he had worked wonders for him.

People forgot he was a jobber, he comes back with a new intensity, a horribly racist gimmick (and manager), and he fucks people up. If he does win the title, I feel this run will be much better than his first one, and he might be able to get people to really hate him.

It's not subtle, but I like that the white patriotic american gimmick is now heel material. Which brings me to think of Del Rio, who actually works really well as a babyface.

Also, I liked the PPV as a whole. I'm bummed that Punk lost, of course, but I expected it, and the match was great. Much better than their first one. Rock's stamina probably isn't what it used to be, and Punk did a great job carrying most of the match when Rocky wasn't on the offense.

Shadow

I saw it. First time I've seen anything WWE in who knows how long.

It was alright... pretty predictable.

DeraiLer

Sadly, highlight reel moments in the elimination chamber have been happening less and less as the years go by. Didn't recall any really outstanding ones during this match. Orton going through a plastic glass door was perhaps the only big bump which is really sad considering the Elimination matches of years past. Fill it with high flyers next time and let the "Holy shit" moments fly!

Swaggers gimmick is a slap in the face to those of us who do feel secure borders are needed. I live in Texas and can attest to the chaos of an unsecure border so his little pal going around being fanatical is annoying to us as well. Wanting the borders secured is not a radical idea held by radicals with handlebar moustaches. It's a sane idea with some loons taking it to the extreme fucking up the debate for the rest of us and Vince as a Repuke should know that but he is more bent on his wallet than anything else.

Not liking Del Rio and Miz as Face. They seem out of place now. Neither one fits it.

And can we give Jericho a title win somewhere?? He came back last year and lost the Rumble and Wrestlemania, he comes back again here, loses everything still. Fuck, the guy deserves better!

Crash Dummie

Unless you're one of these extremely racist guys with a handlebar mustache, I don't think you should feel offended. Wrestling is like Punch-Out!!, it pokes fun at every stereotype. The borders are certainly an issue worth debating, but wrestling is more about caricatures than subtelty.

I gotta agree about the Chamber spots however. Much of it was worked like a normal match, and if there's one time where it's a good idea to throw people into stuff and jump from high places, it might as well be this match.

Giddins

i didn't see it. but at least there was only one chamber match this year. i have last years on dvd and felt that having 2 chamber matches in one might makes them less special. same with money in the bank and even hell in a cell. i don't think hell in a cell should get it's own ppv.

L-Face

I watched the PPV up until the Chamber match as the Walking Dead was about to start. Sounds like I didn't miss anything at all. From what I did see, it was fairly meh.

Shadow

Quote from: L-Face on February 19, 2013, 05:44:32 AMI watched the PPV up until the Chamber match as the Walking Dead was about to start. Sounds like I didn't miss anything at all. From what I did see, it was fairly meh.
Pretty much.

DeraiLer

Cena just did another 'good guy' idiotic thing and put his match for Wrestlemania on the line against CM punk in a match next Monday. Now this shit pisses me off, you have a golden ticket to Wrestlemania and then put it at risk against someone who cheats at every turn just because they "Dare" you to. I honestly hope Cena loses his Wrestlemania slot for even being so stupid to make this match. Idiot.

Crash Dummie

I like Cena and all, but Punk vs Rock is a better match than Cena vs Rock. Besides his character really does come off as a stupid bully at times.

I missed Raw last night. Normally I wouldn't care, but I'm kicking myself about it since they introduced the new WWE Title. I was recently thinking about how it sucked that Punk didn't get the chance to unveil the belt during his reign, and just now Rock does it.

It looks pretty good I guess. JR compared it to a huge Super Bowl ring, and that's about right. I still prefer the Heavyweight belt, and the old WWE with the eagle, but this one looks nice, and fits the era pretty well.

Giddins

with the new belt, i like that the wwe logo it is main focal point of it. the last one looked a little "blingie" and just too visually busy. and a lot of the older ones looked nice but the wwe logo was always hard to see. and after all it is the wwe title.

to be honest i think wwe needs to have a restructure with the title belts. i love the world heavyweight belt but lets face it, it doesn't really mean much now days.

Chucky

I wonder what Mr Miyagi thinks about the WWE belts...

DeraiLer

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 20, 2013, 12:13:04 AM
I like Cena and all, but Punk vs Rock is a better match than Cena vs Rock.

We just had that TWICE. You are not going into Wrestlemania with a 3rd time in a row match as the main event. Cena vs Rock happened only once before at last years Wrestlemania and it is time for the rematch.

Vickie seemed like a Face last night. Mocking Heyman, making matches faces wanted. Hell even making Brad Maddox assistant to her I thought was good because I thought he was honorable in calling out the Shield. They pummeled him but the guy did make a stand and no one seemed to give him props for it.

Khali scaring off Mark Henry? That was a joke.

I think Ryback is ready to turn heel.

Oh and Randy Orton finally showed some signs of life! I liked his exchange with Kane and thought this quote was quite good "you know what Kane? There would have been a time when what you did right there woulda had me shaking in my boots. I gotta admit man, your a lot less intimidating now that you've traded in your piledrives and chokeslams for group therapy sessions and hugs. not really the big red monster anymore your more like.. barney. The Dinosaur."

Giddins

Quote from: DeraiLer on February 20, 2013, 01:07:42 AM
Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 20, 2013, 12:13:04 AM
I like Cena and all, but Punk vs Rock is a better match than Cena vs Rock.

We just had that TWICE. You are not going into Wrestlemania with a 3rd time in a row match as the main event. Cena vs Rock happened only once before at last years Wrestlemania and it is time for the rematch.

i was thinking the same.

a lot of people i talk to seem to think it will be triple threat at mania. i could live with that.

Crash Dummie

Oh, we know Cena is gonna win, besides, I was jus' sayin'.

Anyways, chances are Punk is gonna face Taker at mania, which would be pretty cool, and I guess HHH will fight Bork Laser again?