Started by Dorkus, February 05, 2013, 01:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reign in Blood

Quote from: L-Face on February 06, 2013, 07:02:42 AM
Quote from: Reign in Blood on February 06, 2013, 06:56:18 AM
Quote from: L-Face on February 06, 2013, 06:44:42 AM
Quote from: Reign in Blood on February 06, 2013, 06:42:29 AM
Quote from: Shadow on February 06, 2013, 04:52:01 AM
Quote from: Dorkus on February 06, 2013, 02:51:47 AMI'm glad you guys like heel Punk.
How can you NOT like him, regardless of him being heel or face? The guy can shit charisma, makes a sandwich out of it for you, and you will like it.

Also, The Rock is pretty much in the shitter for me. Too many times has he come back to WWE, saying he's here to stay for good this time, only to disappear literally the next show. I'm not a fan of Cena's character, but at least the fucker shows up on a consistent basis. Makes me think the only reason he came back was because they promised him the title, and another Mania spotlight.

It's because the Rock doesn't need the WWE, they need him. Cena would be bagging groceries if he wasn't sucking McMahon off.
Rock wouldn't be where he is right now without WWE. And everytime he has a shitty movie to shill, he's the one that goes to them. Without them, he'd be a bouncer in some night club.

Granted, they did help make him a star. But don't act like Vince isn't there with open arms for all the extra exposure and money the Rock brings to just roll out of bed, rattle off a couple one liners and beat someone at the PPV. He comes and goes as he pleases because he has all the clout, and Vince eats it up with a spoon.
Vince is like that with anyone that's made him money. Hogan, Austin, HBK, Rock, Bret, etc.

Yeah, he treated Bret real good.  [*laugh*]

Crash Dummie

L-Face

Quote from: Reign in Blood on February 06, 2013, 07:06:33 AM
Quote from: Dorkus on February 06, 2013, 02:51:47 AMI'm glad you guys like heel Punk.
How can you NOT like him, regardless of him being heel or face? The guy can shit charisma, makes a sandwich out of it for you, and you will like it.

Also, The Rock is pretty much in the shitter for me. Too many times has he come back to WWE, saying he's here to stay for good this time, only to disappear literally the next show. I'm not a fan of Cena's character, but at least the fucker shows up on a consistent basis. Makes me think the only reason he came back was because they promised him the title, and another Mania spotlight.

It's because the Rock doesn't need the WWE, they need him. Cena would be bagging groceries if he wasn't sucking McMahon off.
Rock wouldn't be where he is right now without WWE. And everytime he has a shitty movie to shill, he's the one that goes to them. Without them, he'd be a bouncer in some night club.

Granted, they did help make him a star. But don't act like Vince isn't there with open arms for all the extra exposure and money the Rock brings to just roll out of bed, rattle off a couple one liners and beat someone at the PPV. He comes and goes as he pleases because he has all the clout, and Vince eats it up with a spoon.
Vince is like that with anyone that's made him money. Hogan, Austin, HBK, Rock, Bret, etc.

Considering Bret is back and has made multiple appearance for WWE in the last two years, I'd say they've made amends.

Reign in Blood

Quote from: L-Face on February 06, 2013, 07:11:55 AM
Quote from: Reign in Blood on February 06, 2013, 07:06:33 AM

Considering Bret is back and has made multiple appearance for WWE in the last two years, I'd say they've made amends.

Sorry, that one was just funny. As a functional wrestler, the only one Vince has treated similarly to the Rock has been Hogan, which makes sense given he is the most iconic wrestler of all time. HBK, yeah Vince let him take the time off he needed because he was all fucked up on drugs or fucked up his back, he wasn't off making movies, having fun doing whatever he wanted, then let him roll in for WrestleMania, beat a marquee star then roll out again. Yeah Vince has been decent to some of these guys in their retirement, not really the same as what he allowed when the wrestled for him.

Crash Dummie

One guy I feel the need to mention: Antonio Cesaro.

The man is amazing. Stupidly strong, moves well, great traditional wrestling style. He is the perfect midcard champion, giving us some of the best matches in every show he's in, and I feel that once he moves up to main events, he's gonna be one of the top guys for many years to come.

L-Face

Antonio is great. And while I'm digging him as a singles wrestler, part of me is still bummed that we likely won't get to see him and Chris Hero reform the Kings of Wrestling in WWE.  [*cry*]

Crash Dummie

While I agree that the Kings of Wrestling in WWE would be amazing, the company is barely able to focus on one team at all. Hell No is the only one that matters right now, with no competition.

The Kings would be either the Champions with no credible opponents, or cannon fodder to another team.

As long as the writing staff stays as it is, I think it's better to give them a chance a a good single run.

L-Face

Considering they basically took Hero's schtick and gave it to Wade Barrett, I'm not expecting Hero to fair well at all.

Crash Dummie

You mean the elbow to the face?

If so, yeah, that's weird. Barrett already had two finishers. The Wasteland, which was very basic, and the Winds of Change(?) which was a cool scrapbuster slam.

He got injured, came back, and to emphasize his bare knuckle boxing background, he now has an elbow shot.

If anything, I would have given him a mad flurry of punches to the temples and called it the "Barrett Barrage".

Dorkus

Yeah, Cesaro is great. So is Damien Sandow...reminds me of a really old school heel. He's a little too entertaining though.

Crash Dummie

Damien Sandow is like Lanny Poffo's soul in Bruiser Brody's body. He's awesome.

L-Face

Quote from: Crash Dummie on February 07, 2013, 03:55:48 AM
You mean the elbow to the face?

If so, yeah, that's weird. Barrett already had two finishers. The Wasteland, which was very basic, and the Winds of Change(?) which was a cool scrapbuster slam.

He got injured, came back, and to emphasize his bare knuckle boxing background, he now has an elbow shot.

If anything, I would have given him a mad flurry of punches to the temples and called it the "Barrett Barrage".
The ripcord elbow and the whole "one long sleeve and an elbow pad on the other arm" combination. Hero's been rocking that look since like......05-06.

As for Sandow, he's definitely like Lann Poffo's "Genius" character without the poems.

Crash Dummie

I heard Brodus Clay came up with the Hall of Pain gimmick for himself, and creative gave it to Henry.

I really wonder how he actually feels about the Funkasaurus character. It's pretty much just a fun sideshow for kids, and it will never be anything more.

L-Face

I read that he enjoys the light hearted Funkasaurus gimmick because it's different. But he was worried when they wanted him to do it because he "doesn't know how to dance." He said Triple H did a double take and was like, "Really? That's what you're worried about? That's the point, go have fun." or something to that extent.

Crash Dummie

On one hand, there's nothing wrong with being a fun character that shows up every week for the young fans to enjoy... on the other, Brodus is capable of much more.