Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

So what the hell have you been up to?

Started by Shadow, September 13, 2014, 04:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Quote from: Jigsaw on March 05, 2018, 04:23:58 AMOn the upside, I think the most recent picture I have of myself is from 2012, so luckily, whether or not I'm a troll doll is up for dispute.  [*browwink*]
Whoops. I accidentally hit delete instead of edit... was going to move my pic to Member Photos.

Guess you will have to post something new there, too. [*deal*]

Jigsaw

I've got a few from 2014 - best I can manage.  [*laugh*]

Shadow

We live in a land of cameras and phones all over the place!

Jigsaw

Quote from: Shadow on March 10, 2018, 07:42:36 AM
We live in a land of cameras and phones all over the place!

And yet, here I am with a flip-phone I barely use.

I'm a simply guy. [*laugh*]

puking_king

Jigsaw

It was pretty much "If you're here, we'll mod you" type of thing. I'm cool with it, though. [*laugh*]

How have you been doing?

Puking king

Chucky

I thought it might be good to keep a thread like this going so there's some non-movie related talk also going.

I guess the main thing that I do outside of this website is play basketball. I play in two different men's leagues (Tuesday and Thursday nights) and my Tuesday night team went undefeated during the regular season but had a disappointing semi finals performance. We ended up missing out on a championship that really should have been ours.

It was a pretty epic game though, we were down 7 points with barely over a minute left in the 4th quarter. We managed to tie the game and take it overtime with a 3 pointer that I hit in the closing seconds of regulation but in overtime we had a shot just fall off the hoop at the buzzer and lost by 1 point.

Anyhoo, for three seasons in a row now I have been the league leader in 3pt shooting. So I have that going for me but I really need to lose some weight, I'm by far the fattest guy in the league.  [*odd*]

Jigsaw

I mean, as long as you're adequate on the team, I can't imagine your weight really mattered much. That said, if it's purely for self-improvement, go for it.

My life is pretty boring at the time. I wake up, go to work, come back home, watch movies, listen to music, smoke weed, maybe read a bit, then go to sleep, and repeat.

Not that I'm complaining too much - at the very least, I'm saving up money little by little, so maybe this time next year, I might almost have $3,500 to my name.  [*hibaby*] [*laugh*]

Shadow

I've still been doing nothing but working, really. Get up before sunrise, don't get out until sunset. Unless I'm teaching that day, in which case it's pitch black out. Any spare time I have pretty much goes to running errands or relaxing for what little time in the day is left.

We also apparently have an multi-million dollar project coming up, too, so I'm guessing I won't be getting much time off in the near future, either. And usually when I try and get a hold of my friends, they end up busy whenever I'm "not." So much for a social life.  [*odd*]

Quote from: Chucky on September 19, 2018, 10:28:55 AMI guess the main thing that I do outside of this website is play basketball. I play in two different men's leagues (Tuesday and Thursday nights) and my Tuesday night team went undefeated during the regular season but had a disappointing semi finals performance. We ended up missing out on a championship that really should have been ours.
Sounds like it could be the premise for a sports comedy. Starring Vince Vaghne and Ben Stiller.

Quote from: Jigsaw on September 19, 2018, 11:00:47 AMNot that I'm complaining too much - at the very least, I'm saving up money little by little, so maybe this time next year, I might almost have $3,500 to my name.  [*hibaby*] [*laugh*]
Maybe you'd be making more if you were selling the weed instead of smoking it all. [*browwink*]

Jigsaw

Quote from: Shadow on October 29, 2018, 12:12:14 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw on September 19, 2018, 11:00:47 AMNot that I'm complaining too much - at the very least, I'm saving up money little by little, so maybe this time next year, I might almost have $3,500 to my name.  [*hibaby*] [*laugh*]
Maybe you'd be making more if you were selling the weed instead of smoking it all. [*browwink*]

[*laugh*]

I'm not at all the type to try that route. I live in a state where it's still illegal, so I'm just trying to play it as safe as possible. Trying to do anything more would be a recipe for disaster.  [*uhoh*]

Shadow

Quote from: Jigsaw on November 01, 2018, 04:25:01 AMI live in a state where it's still illegal, so I'm just trying to play it as safe as possible.
Still illegal in all states when you factor in the feds. [*deal*]

Jigsaw

Quote from: Shadow on November 03, 2018, 02:32:24 PM
Quote from: Jigsaw on November 01, 2018, 04:25:01 AMI live in a state where it's still illegal, so I'm just trying to play it as safe as possible.
Still illegal in all states when you factor in the feds. [*deal*]

If they ever start widespread assaults against state-legal dispensaries, that'd be interesting. I feel that this is an issue we just need to get over with (especially given how much of the US population is in support of legalization). Having it be illegal on a federal level, but allowing states to legalize it (while having the power to strike those laws down as unconstitutional at any time) seems like a pretty idiotic system.

More to the point, though, it's a shame your life is as busy as it is - always enjoy chatting with you when I get the chance.

Shadow

Quote from: Jigsaw on November 03, 2018, 08:45:53 PMIf they ever start widespread assaults against state-legal dispensaries, that'd be interesting. I feel that this is an issue we just need to get over with (especially given how much of the US population is in support of legalization). Having it be illegal on a federal level, but allowing states to legalize it (while having the power to strike those laws down as unconstitutional at any time) seems like a pretty idiotic system.

More to the point, though, it's a shame your life is as busy as it is - always enjoy chatting with you when I get the chance.
Technically they haven't legalized it, they pretty much just said they wouldn't jail you up to a certain amount. I think now that Sessions is gone it might actually get legalized fully.

But it's no different than this sanctuary city/state BS. When there is a pres. that they like everyone must listen to the feds no matter what- but if it is a pres. they don't like then all of a sudden they become federalists.

Hey, if I ever get the time and I'm able to get the FE podcast off the ground I could use a co-host if De never comes back. [*deal*]

Chucky

Quote from: Shadow on November 11, 2018, 11:50:02 AMHey, if I ever get the time and I'm able to get the FE podcast off the ground I could use a co-host if De never comes back. [*deal*]

I'd be up to join in if the times are workable.