Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

So what the hell have you been up to?

Started by Shadow, September 13, 2014, 04:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Title pretty much says it. Since we've gotten a very slight bump in activity lately (over the past month, or two?) might as well try and keep that going.

What's been going on since the last time you were all really active here. It's been years, pretty much, so I'd imagine that there's been at least a few big changes.

Chucky

I lost all of my work progress (for the website) on an external HDD I have which pretty much pissed me off and made me fade into nothingness, at least in terms of the website development.

Other than that, still just my sexy self.

Shadow

Quote from: Chucky on October 05, 2014, 07:58:38 PM
I lost all of my work progress (for the website) on an external HDD I have which pretty much pissed me off and made me fade into nothingness, at least in terms of the website development.
No worries, you were always nothing to us! [*thumbsup*]

JasonzSon

I've been working on and off on my other projects, though work has been draining me mentally so I can go a month with nothing but my Doctor Who podcast, get active elsewhere for a week, then repeat it seems lately.

Crash Dummie

Even though I've got a good job in my field and a pretty nice life overall, my existential anxiety and procrastination has never been worse.

Other than that, I'm doing great! I managed to eat myself up to 203 pounds over the years, then I got my shit together, counted my calories and I'm back down to 160.

Chucky

Quote from: Crash Dummie on April 27, 2016, 09:18:01 AM
I managed to eat myself up to 203 pounds over the years, then I got my shit together, counted my calories and I'm back down to 160.

That's nothing. I weighed in at 353 pounds last night. Which is amazing, because I still play sports at least twice a week and can still run around. I'm pretty sure we're about the same height. I'm about 6'3".

I did calorie counting about 15 months ago and lost maybe 20 pounds but stopped doing it and put it all back on and then some. I'll have to start counting again.

Crash Dummie

Yep, I'm 6'3" too. I wasn't very heavy, but enough to have some knee pain and getting out of breath quicker than before.

Even though couting calories is really simple and it work for everyone, the hard part is putting your mind to it and actually sticking to it, but functionally, it's basic maths. Good luck if you start again. I made it work for me, and I have a friend who weighed 405 lbs 3 months ago that's now at 340. He's aiming for an end goal of around 185.

Chucky

I started again shortly after my previous message, I've lost almost 8 pounds since then. Though the first week always tends to have a big loss and then slows down quickly but it's been pretty easy to stick to so far this time. I'd probably want to get down to maybe 230 pounds because I'm naturally a bigger built guy.

Crash Dummie

Nice!

It's tough to guess what our final weight is gonna be. I figured I'd stop at 180, but when I got there, I still had love handles, and decided I'd lose some more.

Chucky

Down 15 pounds so far. Don't feel like killing for a cheeseburger either.   [*hibaby*]

Giddins

pretty much the same old. chilling. gaming. nothing different for me

JasonzSon

With the front page active and hopefully an upcoming boost, I thought it would be a good idea to resurrect this thread.

Me? I went back to university in 2015 as a Psychology and Creative Writing student. This summer I'm doing a course on Science Fiction and Film, which is cool, and I'll be giving a talk on the history of post-apocalyptic fiction at a convention I staff at in August.

I have not been successful on the weight loss front.

OccasionalCthulhu

Well, it's been Christ, what has to be 8+ years since I've been on the forums. Went by Nu-Metal (Or Nu) back then. Actually creeped around the site awhile back and saw it was sort of dead, so I was pretty pumped to see an email in my inbox saying it had been resurrected in a sense.

Since my departure way back when I went to and graduated from college in 2014 for autobody repair. Figured out I didn't really like the field when I got into it and now I work graveyard shifts at a gas station until I figure out what I actually want to do in life. Good stuff.

Chucky

I hear that. I've been working non-stop and doing nothing much else for the last 6 years and now wonder why I continue to stay alive at this point.  [*hehehmm*]