Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Versus Movies: Chucky?

Started by JasonzSon, July 25, 2013, 11:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

This thread is a bit inspired by the new Child's Play movie coming out.  It's inspired me to think about Chucky in a Freddy vs Jason style movie.

The Leprechaun: Chucky and the Leprechaun have very similar personalities and senses of humor.  These two would match each other play for play, and it would be fucking awesome to have Warwick Davis vs Brad Dourif.

Puppet Master: This is pretty obvious.  The spell that created Chucky could easily fit into the Puppet Master universe.  The most frightening thing about this is that it would essentially be Chucky versus a ton of lesser versions of himself.  They could start off as allies, creating a really creepy atmosphere and situation, and then turn it into Chucky versus an army.  This would be excellent.

Chucky versus Frankenstein: This would be stupid, and ridiculous, and senseless, and one of the most entertaining things ever to be Direct to DVD.  Monster/slasher comedy at its best, no dick jokes required.  Of course, it would never get made.

Anybody else have ideas?

Chucky

I think Chucky would need to be pitted against someone (or something) that is a polar opposite of himself. Freddy vs Jason had a dynamic that worked because Jason is a huge, silent guy and Freddy is a fairly small, loud-mouth. Leprechaun and Chucky in the same movie just makes me think "too much comedy" and we'd be left with something like Seed of Chucky, which I would not prefer.

I'd rather see Chucky possibly be pitted against someone that is bigger and not much of a talker. I can't quite see how he'd fit into a movie with and adversary such as Pinhead, Michael Myers or Jason... but someone similar to those type of characters.

Though I do have this oddly humorous vision of the Creeper (from Jeepers Creepers) flying off into the sky with Chucky, similar to how the boy at the start of Jeepers Creepers 2 was taken away.

L-Face

The problem is finding a character that's not only the polar opposite, but is a child (or child-like) so he could attempt to play "Hide the Soul." I'd say Damien from the Omen, but he'd likely see through Chucky's ruse. Charlene McGee from Firestarter, perhaps?

Shadow

Quote from: L-Face on July 26, 2013, 07:25:15 AMI'd say Damien from the Omen, but he'd likely see through Chucky's ruse.
Maybe Carrie? I like the idea of it being someone younger, that might come in contact more with these kinds of toys, in general. Makes for a more believable story (so to speak).

L-Face

I was originally going to say Carrie, but I wanted to go with a somewhat level playing field. Be kind of hard for Chucky to put up a fight against her when she could fling him across rooms or fling various objects at him. But with Charlene, Chucky could at least close the distance providing he can dodge the fire.

Doomed Knight

well of course I can't see him VS Freddy.
and it would be too easy for him VS Zombies

maybe otis Driftwood?

I'll try to think about some other , and think something out about Otis, might fit, I don't know x)

Crash Dummie

Chucky vs Bielal from "Basket Case".

JasonzSon

Not sure about the film, but in the novel the Firestarter powers first appeared as telekinesis, but as they grew and got out of control they became pyrokinesis.  If the film is the same, that actually makes Charlene a more powerful version of Carrie.

Maybe Chucky and the demons from Insidious fighting over the same child?

sh0nuff23

Or chucky vs begul from sinisters fighting over the same child