Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

The Last of Us

Started by Giddins, July 04, 2013, 06:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giddins

So. this is one of the best horror games in a long time. And i don't think thats what they were trying for. who else has played it. i love the damn game.

Shadow

To be honest, I hadn't even heard of its existence until just a little while ago, when seemingly every gaming site began to jizz their pants for it.

But then again, I've been hermiting myself with only a handful of other games lately, so I haven't really been following any news relating to games for a while.

Doomed Knight

it's the next game I'm buying

Crash Dummie

Low prices and this game make me consider getting a PS3. I still have a huge hard on for Resident Evil 4, and this looks better than any Resident Evils that came after it.

Shadow

Quote from: Crash Dummie on July 06, 2013, 01:12:12 AM
Low prices and this game make me consider getting a PS3. I still have a huge hard on for Resident Evil 4, and this looks better than any Resident Evils that came after it.
Why not just wait for the PS4? All things considering, it will be the console to buy... no one should touch the upcoming Xbox.

L-Face

Only downside of the PS4 is that you'll have to have Playstation Plus to play online, which is the only issue I had with the 360. That aside, Plus makes it worth it considering you get free games for having it.

As for the Last of Us, I like the concept. It's a bit "I Am Legend" meets "28 Days Later." Also, the guy that voices Joel is also playing Joker in Batman: Arkham Origins and Ocelot in Metal Gear Solid V. Kinda interesting.

Crash Dummie

Quote from: Shadow on July 06, 2013, 03:58:49 PM
Quote from: Crash Dummie on July 06, 2013, 01:12:12 AM
Why not just wait for the PS4? All things considering, it will be the console to buy... no one should touch the upcoming Xbox.
The X-Box actually retracted all of its awful "features". They would have gotten raped. I'm still a Sony guy however.

And why not a PS4? I've always had every single console way too late. I don't care, they're cheaper, and I have tons of "new" great games to discover.

L-Face

To be fair, PS4 is cheaper than the PS3 was when that came out. PS4 has a $400 price tag. Xbone has a $500 price tag.

Crash Dummie

Yeah. The PS3 was 600 right? Its games lineup eventually became great, but at first, there were very few reasons to choose it over the XBox. It played blurays I guess.

L-Face

Yeah, PS3 had a $600 price tag (think 360 did as well.) and that was during the "next gen of movie format" war. Sony with Bluray won obviously.

Shadow

Quote from: Crash Dummie on July 07, 2013, 10:59:35 AMThe X-Box actually retracted all of its awful "features". They would have gotten raped. I'm still a Sony guy however.
They retracted the whole internet connection part, yeah. But last I heard it is still going to need the Kinect to run and still won't be backwards compatible with older games, which is bullshit. Plus with all this NSA crap going on, I'd rather not have a pseudo webcam giving a feed of my living room... but maybe I'm just paranoid.

Crash Dummie

Bleh, that sucks.

I used to be a consoles guy all the way. I liked having a system that you never had to change, which had its own games.

Nowadays, I play so much less videos games, and 3/4 of the times, it's indy titles or emulated older consoles. I'm just gonna shell out the dough for a huge imac every few years. Not only I'll be happy with that, but with my part time job at home, I consider a good investment.

Nothing against consoles, playing games in your living room with a good sound system is awesome, it's just not what I'm looking for at the moment. Some guys call consoles owners retards because a PC is "so much better", and since I'm using a Mac, they'd call me a huge fucking god damn retard.