Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Drive

Started by Crash Dummie, June 08, 2013, 01:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeraiLer

I enjoyed Drive and what Refn did with it but found Only God Forgives mostly dull horseshit. The only entertaining thing about it was the retired cop. He was a badass. Ryans character basically just moped about doing jack shit. His one fight scene had him losing badly. As far as I am concerned Refn is 1 and 1 now.

Crash Dummie

Chucky

One of my favourite horror series, Maniac Cop, is having it's sequels Maniac Cop 2 and Maniac Cop 3 released on Bluray in November. Bill Lustig (creator and director of Maniac Cop) is releasing the films via his own Blue Underground label and for some reason, he is doing audio commentary on Maniac Cop 2 alongside with Nicolas Winding Refn... why? I don't know but thought it was worth mentioning.

Crash Dummie

Maybe he's been influenced by the series somehow?

I figured he was more of a Walter Hill guy. (The Warriors, The Driver...)

Chucky

I guess piggybacking off what was said a few years ago, Refn is meant to have some involvement in the new Maniac Cop movie that should be out next year.

RoughCut

As much as I'd like to see a new Maniac Cop movie I'm just not sure about Refn. Don't get me wrong - 'Drive' was awesome but wasn't a bigger lover of 'Only God Forgives' or 'The Neon Demon'

Chucky

I love Only God Forgives, Neon Demon was okay on first viewing but I think I need to watch it again to see if I really like it or not.

RoughCut

I only watched Neon Demon recently but it's been some time since I watched Only God Forgives. Maybe I should give it another go.

Chucky

Must watch alone. It's one of those movies that gets ruined if other people are talking in the room.

RoughCut

Will give it a go again then. Can't remember whether I watched it it with anyone originally.

Crash Dummie

I'm watching it with friends tonight. Wish me luck.

Chucky

Watching Only God Forgives with other people should be illegal. I can maybe watch it with one other person, as long as they STFU otherwise it's ruined.  [*cry*]