Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Jack Bauer is now Solid Snake

Started by Dorkus, June 07, 2013, 09:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorkus

I'm sure some of you have already heard, but Kiefer Sutherland has replaced Solid Snakes long-running voice actor, who was fired today.

I'm not a huge fan of the Metal Gear games (3 is awesome though), but this struck me as interesting and a little disturbing. I'm a big supporter of voice actors and yet another one gets shafted for a Hollywood actor. Bleh.

Doomed Knight

yeah it does suck, I'm a fan a MGS, and Snake is awesome.

also yeah, it's fun to hear the same actor's voice in sequeled game (well except if the character aged and w/e)

L-Face

Didn't particularly care for Metal Gear Solid 3. Thought Peace Walker was way better. But yeah, everyone's known Kiefer was Snake since GDC a couple months ago. Kojima was merely confirming it at the Konami Pre-E3 thing. What's more puzzling is that Kojima replaced Hayter, the American voice actor of Snake/Big Boss, but not the Japanese voice actor.

Hayter's in good company, though as Kevin Conroy also got the shaft for Arkham Origins. They now join Michael Ironside who was Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell.  [*no*]

L-Face

The new trailer hit during the Microsoft press conference at E3 (probably the only highlight of said conference other than the announcement of a new Killer Instinct game) and it looks phenomenal. Yesterday, the "Red Band" trailer hit, which is about 3 minutes longer than the preview we got at E3. Both of which contain a little bit of gameplay footage. Check it out (best watched in 1080p)

Chucky