Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

After Earth

Started by JasonzSon, June 03, 2013, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Quote from: JasonzSon on June 04, 2013, 12:21:48 PM
Shadow, you realize that my friends visit Arizona in the summer to escape the weather?  Until Phoenix develops a coast and 100% humidity days, no
What is this humidity you speak of?

So did this movie really have strong ties to Scientology, like I've read reviews about? Or is that some people simply jumping the gun?

JasonzSon

Should I watch this tomorrow, or the Purge?  Or is there actually a good movie out?

JasonzSon

Verdict: M. Night Shyamalan remains the modern day Claudio Fragasso in terms of being a master of comedy.

He started with Bruce Willis arguing with a woman who clearly couldn't hear a word he was saying, went on to an invasion of Earth by hydro-allergenic aliens beaten by comically placed glasses of water, then we had the comedic masterpieces that were The Village and The Happening.  Shyamalan then tried to sell a Scream fanboy as a film critic, before giving us the glorious scene of Uncle Iro calling on a random young boy for the sole purpose of humiliating Zuko.

Now, we get Will Smith trying to be an actor with absolutely no charisma playing a beloved general and his son playing a fool who claims to have been through military training yet obviously knows about as much of the military as I Love Lucy, fighting for their lives against a monster that could not survive in the real world, on a planet where you can cross 50 miles and encounter herds of buffalo, tropical forests that freeze over every night yet remain perfectly intact, and Mount Doom, which Jaden Smith must claim in order to get 4G coverage.

If you've found his previous efforts hilarious, you'll find this one the same.  4/10.

Crash Dummie

He's getting to a Tommy Wiseau level.

JasonzSon

Well, Lady in the Water was his way of saying "Everybody betray me, I'm fed up with this world.  You're tearing me apart, critics!"