Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Iron Man 3

Started by Shadow, June 01, 2013, 10:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. But has anyone seen the new Iron Man movie yet? It'd be pretty late in the game to have not seen it by now, but you never know.

I thought it was pretty good, but there were quite a few plot points that bugged the hell out of me. Small things, but they pretty much blew a lot of the story wide open if you had any common sense at all. Watched a Spoony review about it the other day that pretty much reaffirmed my thoughts on that stuff. It was still really entertaining though, and Robert Downey Jr. did excellent, like usual.

JasonzSon

I pretty much expect Spoony to hate any movie that comes out lately.  He'll nitpick the shit out of all of it.  And I have to give it to Spoony that he pointed out some flaws in the movie that I hadn't seen.  That said, from a character and action perspective, I think it went really well (without deviating from what it was trying to do too far at least).  Plotwise, it could have been more solid.

L-Face

I really don't plan on seeing this one to be completely honest. I was never a big Iron Man fan and I'm probably in the minority when I say that I enjoyed the second film better than the first. Even then, I didn't think it was a great movie. RDJ is fun to watch in the role, though I think he's more fun to watch in the Sherlock Holmes films.

Quote from: JasonzSon on June 01, 2013, 11:21:38 AM
I pretty much expect Spoony to hate any movie that comes out lately.  He'll nitpick the shit out of all of it.  And I have to give it to Spoony that he pointed out some flaws in the movie that I hadn't seen. 
Spoony's turned into quite the curmudgeon recently. He pretty much bashes everything and if people don't instantly agree with him, he berates them.

JasonzSon

For the record, I felt both Iron Man 1 and 2 were uninspired and generic.  I found 3 to be the strongest of either and I would place it in my Top 10 superhero movies, if not Top 5.

Crash Dummie

It was much better than the second one. But I gotta say, when he destroys all of his armors at the end, he was lucky there wasn't a bad guy with a gun who was still alive.

Dmildclash

I appreciate your posts very much.

Chucky

Quote from: Dmildclash on November 01, 2014, 07:48:17 PM
I appreciate your posts very much.

Appreciate being deleted, mudafaka.

Shadow

Yeah, I don't get that... what's the point of making bots if they're just going to post gibberish? They aren't even advertising anything like our old friend, Cigmania.

Chucky

Hah, cigmania... good times.