Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Curse of Chucky (2013)

Started by Chucky, May 29, 2013, 09:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sh0nuff23

I hope you are right, regardless its not going to stop me from seeing it.  I have enjoyed every movie so far even though the fear of chucky has slacked off a bit, I'm still a fan of how brad douriff is able to pull this character off again and again

Chucky

Quote from: sh0nuff23 on July 25, 2013, 12:54:44 AM
My main problem with the movie is the way to doll looks.  It just isn't the chucky I'm used to.  It looks more like a bad remake than a sequel.  Can someone explain to me why the change in the doll? Maybe a new makeup artist or whatever? I just don't get it

I could only imagine that if "Good Guys" dolls are still in production that the manufacturer (in the movie) has tweaked the image of their product considering it has been many, many years since the original movie took place. Barbie dolls have gone through some design changes over the years, whilst maintaining it's general appearance... this is very much the same type of thing happening with Chucky's appearance.

sh0nuff23

Thank you for that. Makes sense and explains alot

Shadow

Ah, I was under the impression that you meant you didn't care for the fact that he looked brand new again.

sh0nuff23

Nah not at all. I just didnt like the tiny intrical changes they made to the doll. I completely understand why it's new, just didnt expect it to look like it did

Chucky

New red-band trailer for Curse of Chucky which makes it look even better:

I'm so happy to see that he's gone back to biting people, it was one of my favourite things about him in the earlier movies.

L-Face

Really not sure why that's a Red Band trailer considering that it's not up to par with the other Red Band Trailers I've seen (at least in terms of language and overall content.) Aside from looking really weird in some areas, I like the overall design Chucky has. Trailer looks pretty decent as well. I'll definitely give this a watch.

Chucky

Yeah, it doesn't look too much like it deserves the title of being a red-band trailer but I guess it does show flashes of suffocation, electrocution, poisoning and slashing.

Dorkus

And know I know most/all of the death scenes. Not cool.

Chucky

The Curse Of Chucky recently premiered at the Fantasia Film Festival and so far seems to be well received. IMDb's current score is 8.5/10 (which I'm sure will go down over time, and probably a little faster than most films would) and you can read the glowing review from one of the more reputable horror reviewers out there:

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/reviews/curse-of-chucky

Chucky

I watched Curse Of Chucky a couple of days ago. It was a very good entry into the series. I may even put it above Bride Of Chucky (though I'm sure most people won't). I won't spoil it for anyone else but the trailer is quite deceptive as scenes play out much differently in the movie than they appeared to play out in the trailer... which was very cool ("WHAT A TWIST!" - M Night SHamlasyuasayan).

Shadow

Still not out yet for us until the 8th of October... wonder if I'll get any in the theatres I have nearby.

DeraiLer

It's on share sites now. Gonna watch it.

Chucky

Quote from: Shadow on September 30, 2013, 05:19:28 AM
Still not out yet for us until the 8th of October... wonder if I'll get any in the theatres I have nearby.

It's been out on VOD since 24th September. I downloaded it from iTunes. The Bluray/DVD release is 8th October.

Shadow

Oh, I see. I'll have to take a look around I guess.