Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Curse of Chucky (2013)

Started by Chucky, May 29, 2013, 09:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doomed Knight

I guess I could watch it when it'll come out in theater.

Chucky

It's not going to theatres. It's going direct to DVD/Bluray.

Shadow

Quote from: Chucky on July 03, 2013, 07:56:25 PMIt's not going to theatres. It's going direct to DVD/Bluray.
Oh no... that's never a good sign.

JasonzSon

I dunno... that tells me that Platinum Dunes doesn't have a stake in it, which is always a good sign.

L-Face

Platinum Dunes is hit and miss in my eyes. They made me appreciate the original TCM (hate it when I originally saw it.) Honestly, may have just been R. Lee Ermy that made me like it. Anyways.....

Still too early to make a judgement about this one. From what I'm lead to believe, it disregards "Bride of Chucky" and "Seed of Chucky" which may be a good thing. While mildly campy, I'm not sure "over the top" isn't what this movie needs. Stick with the basics "no big name celebrities" and it may be fine.

Crash Dummie

I liked the last 2 Chuckies, but the jokes pretty much ran their course.

Not saying there shouldn't be comedy in the new one, but Bride and Seed were over "Army of Darkness" in over the top-ness.

JasonzSon

I was not a huge fan of the last two.  They seemed to be heading in a "Freddy's Dead" sort of direction.

Crash Dummie

I think he looks creepier in this than he ever has. Except maybe Child's Play's ending where he's all burned and fucked up.

Shadow

Quote from: Crash Dummie on July 09, 2013, 07:51:13 AMI think he looks creepier in this than he ever has. Except maybe Child's Play's ending where he's all burned and fucked up.
Agreed. They did a really good job on him, color me impressed.

Chucky

I too enjoy the slightly more modern look and you can see one particular scene in the trailer where his hairline is receding like in the first movie which is a good sign.

gorefan1428

I didn't care much for the last two so disregarding them wouldn't bother me at all.

Dorkus

Bride is actually my second favourite in the series after 2. Seed was 50 shades of awful, though.

sh0nuff23

My main problem with the movie is the way to doll looks.  It just isn't the chucky I'm used to.  It looks more like a bad remake than a sequel.  Can someone explain to me why the change in the doll? Maybe a new makeup artist or whatever? I just don't get it

Shadow

The way he looks now is the way the doll is suppose to look, pre-possession. I'm sure as the movie goes on he'll start looking more like the Chucky we know.