Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Curse of Chucky (2013)

Started by Chucky, May 29, 2013, 09:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucky

So, I've been dying to see something... ANYTHING... from this new movie which is due to be released around Halloween this year. Bloody Disgusting has posted a new picture, which looks like it's from some sort of promo screener. I'm not sure why people are so shocked to see that Chucky looks similar to how he did in the first three movies before he got stitched up. I'm not sure why they were expecting a new-look Chucky. This one is, after all, a sequel... not a remake. So it would make no sense for him to look very different.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3234789/first-look-wanna-see-ol-chuckster-in-curse-of-chucky/

L-Face

I saw that earlier. Kind of nice to have a similar look to the first three. While I did like the stitched up version, can't beat a classic. Though, I did notice that he seems a lot bigger than previous versions. May just be the angle of the picture or the size of the woman.

Crash Dummie

I dunno, in the first one, he was about the same size as Andy, so we would suspect the kid was crazy and doing the murders by himself.

Chucky

If I recall correctly, Chucky's always been listed as about 2'6"-2'8" which is about half the size of the everyday woman. Looks about right, Fiona Dourif isn't a "big girl" either. I think with that and the fact she is sitting in a wheelchair makes Chucky appear to be bigger.

Shadow

He looks funny without the wacky hair. [*laugh*]

Not really a complaint, I'm sure they'll fix that in the movie... just stuck out in my mind is all.

Chucky

The hair looks brushed and is probably taken from his "doll form" before becoming a lot more human again since I can only assume he does indeed have a "new" body once again. But if you pay close attention to the original movie, you can really see just how much detail they put into the doll as Chucky becomes more human throughout the movie. Noticeably with his hair, you can see that it recedes as he gets older and is becoming more human. It's a shame they never quite replicated that same ageing in the other movies.

Half way through the movie

Three quarters through the movie

Near the end of the movie

Dorkus

Just glad to have Brad Dourif, I was ready to rage at the news that Chucky will now be voiced by Joseph Gordon Levitt or something.

JasonzSon

His long lost son will be played by Shia LaBeouf.

Shadow

I never really realized that in the movie before... or didn't really pay attention to it. Either way, pretty interesting.

Chucky

New pics in case you missed 'em...

gorefan1428

so when is this movie supposed to take place in regards to time line after part 3 or is it taking bride and seed into account?

Chucky

No one seems to know as of yet...

Dorkus

I'm sure his movements and shit will all be computer generated, but it's cool to see a puppet prop used in a film again. Wonder when the last time that was.

Chucky

They definitely won't be all computer generated, if any, because one of the first pics released was a behind the scenes shot of them with the "joystick" type of controls which were reminiscent of the original movies.

Crash Dummie

I love the doll's design. It still looks like an actual toy that could be sold, but it has a definite creepy side to it.