Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Ask any member a Question 2

Started by Dorkus, May 12, 2013, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorefan1428

Quote from: Dorkus on May 12, 2013, 10:52:34 AM
It's back, and to commemorate this ocassion, I have a question for...everyone.

Chucky: Where da hoes at?

gorefan: Same question as Chucky

I demand my own question damnit  [*angry*]

But to answer this one.  As far away from de as possible, even hoes don't wan't those kinds of diseases.

question for dorkus  why is Uwe Boll still allowed anywhere near a film camera?

Dorkus

I think the real reason is because he gets a shit-ton of funding to do them. I'm too tired to make a joke answer.

Own question for gorefan: Who is your least favourite horror movie character?

Chucky

Quote from: gorefan1428 on May 18, 2013, 06:34:52 PMwhy is Uwe Boll still allowed anywhere near a film camera?

Until the law was changed in 2005, Boll was able to acquire funding for his movies thanks to German tax laws that reward investments in film. The law allowed investors in German-owned films to write off 100% of their investment as a tax deduction; it also allowed them to invest borrowed money and write off any fees associated with the loan. The investor was then only required to pay taxes on the profits made by the movie; if the movie loses money, the investor would get a tax writeoff.

In the DVD commentary of Alone in the Dark, Boll explains how he funds his films: "Maybe you know it but it's not so easy to finance movies in total. And the reason I am able to do these kind of movies is I have a tax shelter fund in Germany, and if you invest in a movie in Germany you get basically fifty percent back from the government."

JasonzSon

That and he beats the shit out you if you criticize his Kickstarter.

Shadow

More questions:

1) What is the most memorable reoccurring dream you've ever had?

2) Dorkus- you going to get Pokemon X/Y?

Crash Dummie

Reoccurring dreams... oh boy.

1) My first one is the first dream I can ever remember having. I had it almost every damn night (probably not, but it's the way I remember it) from age 2 and a half to almost 4. In the dream, I thought I had just woken up in the middle of the night. I was in my bed, and my room was the same. But when I turned my head to look at my door, it was open, and there was a greenish, skelettal ghostly figure floating there.

I got scared, so I tried to run away, but I couldn't move, and I could scream. I could just wait in horror as it grabbed me, and slowly went through my open window, taking me away from my home.

As soon as it passed the window, I always woke up for real and cried for my parents.

2) Around the same time, I saw some sort of court house, a judge smashed his hammer, and a cartoon baby fell through a green vortex. This scared me for some reason.

3) Again, around the same time. I thought I was awake again, but in the kitchen. As soon as I would look at the cupboards, or the walls of the stairs that led to the basement, I would see strange faces in them and scream in terror.

In my defense, I still think the wood grain of these cupboards looks like it has weird faces.

4) Much later, dreaming I was Spider-Man or the Hulk. This was fucking awesome.

5) The many, many sex dreams.

6) This is probably the only one I still have every once in a while. It's a little sad, here's a bit of context. A few of you know that one of my childhood friends, whose name was Mathieu Allard, died in Afghanistan. A mine blew up near their jeep, and his job was to make sure mines don't blow up in their faces, so he got out and looked for other ones.

Well, it blew up in his face, and killed him and his superior, Christian Bobitt. For obvious reasons, it wasn't an open casket funeral. So while we know for a fact he's dead, it sort of never fully registered.

Well, sometimes I dream he just comes back and it was an error all along. Either he didn't die at all, or he just spent some time in a hospital there and now everything's fine. So we hug him, and tell him how scared we were and how glad we are he's back.

It's always somethign of a sinking feeling when I wake up from that one. We weren't very close after high school, but we still treated each other with a great amount of respect, and we were glad every time we saw one another. I still miss him, and I know the people who were closer to him and saw him more often must miss him even more, cause he was really a swell guy.

He's to the left, I'm to the right.

Sorry to make you all depressed, tell funny dream stories now.

L-Face

Quote from: Shadow on May 28, 2013, 03:18:43 AM
More questions:

I'm sure I dream, but as soon as my eyes open, no memory of them. Really, the way I sleep can be compared to blacking out. Lights go out and nada.

Dorkus

Quote from: Shadow on May 28, 2013, 03:18:43 AM
More questions:

2) Dorkus- you going to get Pokemon X/Y?

To be honest, I haven't fully played a Pokemon game since Ruby/Saphire. I tried a bit of Diamond, but I realized I'm one of those snobby "first generation is the only generation" types (though that one Pokemon with a tree growing out of its back was BOSS). I might try it though if I have no other games to play.

I'd answer the dream question, but I'm pretty much the same way as L. I'm envious of people who remember dreams well.

Shadow

Yeah, I haven't really followed any of the games seriously since Gold/Silver... and they seem to only get worse as the generations continue. The new one really only piqued my interest mainly because of the new playstyle and the revamping they're doing to it.

As for my dreams, I'm pretty decent at lucid dreaming, I know that much. Only problem is when I wake up everything gets forgotten after a few minutes. I do recall one dream though, very vaguely, that involved a giant, a fairy, and some tower in a forest (I was really small kid). Something would always happen... I never could remember what, though, and I'd wake up having to take a piss.

Maybe it was the pee fairy.