Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Pacific Rim

Started by L-Face, April 30, 2013, 09:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L-Face

So back at Wondercon, the good ol' WB debuted the trailer for Guillermo Del Toro's next film, Pacific Rim. Said trailer made everyone jizz their pants and used twitter to felate the film. My first thoughts were, "I love Del Toro's films, but it can't be that good, can it?" Well, the trailer from Wondercon hit the interwebz today and it looks like a super fun movie. Basically, if you're a fan of Power Rangers, Godzilla, or other movies similar to it, you're going to love it. Check out the trailer below:

Dorkus

You missed an obvious rimjob joke.  [*tsktsk*] But yeah, it looks like a lot of fun.

DeraiLer

Comes out on my Birthday so I know what my plans are that day! A fan of Del Toro and Ron Perlman is in this! So is his Sons of Anarchy co-star!

Shadow

Heard about this movie a while back. Worth a shot.

Akasha

*has absolutely no idea what's going on...*  [*uhoh*]

L-Face

Giant robots fighting giant monsters with the fate of humanity in the balance. In other words, awesomeness turned up to 11 due to Del Toro directing.

Shadow

When's Shia making his cameo?

JasonzSon

Apparently I never posted here.  Anyway, this had better be awesome, considering that he gave up Godzilla to a less capable director so that he could work on this instead.

L-Face

Quote from: Shadow on May 15, 2013, 11:55:02 AM
When's Shia making his cameo?
He's too busy making cameos in music videos for bands no one's ever/will ever hear of.

Quote from: JasonzSon on May 15, 2013, 12:38:58 PM
Apparently I never posted here.  Anyway, this had better be awesome, considering that he gave up Godzilla to a less capable director so that he could work on this instead.
It's Del Toro. I've yet to see a film of his that I haven't loved/been entertained by. Didn't know he turned down Godzilla, but that would explain the rumors I was reading about a Pac Rim/Godzilla crossover.  [*uhoh*]

Crash Dummie

Holy shit. I want a giant mech too.

JasonzSon

So, who else watched this movie?

Shadow

I haven't yet. Haven't hung out with the friends I go to the movies with since about Ironman 3 so I just haven't gotten around to it.

DeraiLer

I saw it and enjoyed it but my one main peeve is most of the battles take place in the dark so it is really hard to follow the action and I saw it in theaters with no light obstruction. They should have did these in well lit settings. As is, I would suggest waiting for Blu-ray to properly catch all the details.

JasonzSon

I can kind of see what you mean, but not really.  Everything seemed pretty well lit to me when it came to distinguishing details.

Dorkus

Enjoyed the hell out of it. Easily my favourite movie so far this year...not that there's been competition.