Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

What Shows are you watching?

Started by JasonzSon, April 06, 2013, 03:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

I almost combined this with another thread, but I figured this will have enough ongoing updates my most people to be worth keeping separate.  What shows are you watching right now?  This includes shows you've been seeking out reruns of but haven't seen before, shows that are currently airing, maybe shows that you've watched before that you feel really strongly about bringing up.

Let's keep web-only shows off of this for now.  That's not to say that professional quality shows can't be mentioned, but independent things you'd find on Youtube or Blip would probably lead to a bit too much on here and would be likely to blur the line of what is a "show".

My list:

Currently airing - Doctor Who, Power Rangers Megaforce
Currently airing on Season Break - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Legend of Korra
Older shows - Classic Doctor Who, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Star Trek TOS, Red Dwarf, Stargate Universe (this is the show a close friend and I watch when we get together to chill, both new to the universe), American Horror Story (I think this is still airing, but I know for a fact the season that I'm going into is over), Sherlock (almost forgot I was watching this one, and not sure if I'll bother with Season 3 if it ever comes around).

DeraiLer

Game of Thrones
Hannibal
Elementary
Psyche
Bates Motel
NCIS
Person of Interest

Currently airing on Season Break
Justified
Walking Dead
Sons of Anarchy

Doomed Knight

Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
Star wars clone wars (finale season)

and some anime

Shadow

Mainly just NCIS and The Walking Dead for me. Haven't really watched any other shows lately, even though I've been meaning to. That's also despite having Netflix.

EDIT: - Also, how is Bates Motel? I saw a trailer for it on AMC and it kind of caught my eye.

JasonzSon

Those who watch Game of Thrones, can you give me a premise on it?

Boobar Scanhound

Probably be hard to give a proper premise without giving a lot of what makes it worth watching away.

At it's most basic, a number of factions are directly going after the throne, and a number of factions would get to sit on the throne as a side effect of other antics they are involved in. 

That sells it massively short, but it does have an absolute fuckhole of a villain, and he is worth watching it for.
I wouldn't like to give anymore than that away if you were going to watch it

JasonzSon

There's nothing you would say to sell it to someone?  What makes it good enough to watch?

Boobar Scanhound

Not wanting to give away any of it is the selling point.

FanofAllHorror

Not a bad thread idea.

I don't have a TV right now, as I'm at college, but when I get back home I plan on catching up on NCIS, Criminal Minds, Doctor Who, and The Big Bang Theory. Also, while it just ended, I have to finish the last 10 episodes of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, which is a bloody excellent adaptation of the original show.

JasonzSon

I'd feign shock at the concept of watching shows on a TV, but lately instead of Googling a show the day it comes out, I've been catching them on DVR.  Still, I can access the DVR playlist on my laptop or phone if I wanted to, so the TV is really just a momentary convenience.

L-Face

Currently Airing on Season Break:
The Walking Dead. Yep, only reason I turn on my TV aside from watching movies on demand.  [*yes*]

gorefan1428

in no particular order

supernatural

grimm

walking dead

psych

burn notice

monk

criminal minds

Shadow

Quote from: gorefan1428 on April 10, 2013, 04:20:35 PMsupernatural
Oh! Here is another series that I want to finish. I sort of fucked it up some by watching certain seasons before others, but luckily it doesn't botch it up all that much.

gorefan1428

Quote from: Shadow on April 12, 2013, 11:27:14 AM
Quote from: gorefan1428 on April 10, 2013, 04:20:35 PMsupernatural
Oh! Here is another series that I want to finish. I sort of fucked it up some by watching certain seasons before others, but luckily it doesn't botch it up all that much.

I have watched it since the get go and still keep up with it. Great show that has some how kept it's charm over 7 seasons and counting.

Shadow

It's my understanding that the guys behind it are aiming (or at least hoping) to go for 10 seasons. Think they can make it?