Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Joss Whedon

Started by JasonzSon, April 06, 2013, 03:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonzSon

I thought I'd bring in a thread about Joss and his shows, maybe some reference to his movies, etc.  Firefly, of course, is one of the cult hits of the modern era.  I'm currently watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and I've got to say I have no reason other than lack of effective word of mouth that I wasn't watching this show when it came out.  I'm curious what thoughts of Dollhouse are and if I should make that one of the next shows on my list, and Angel is one that I've been led to believe I'll need to watch just to get through Buffy.

So, thoughts?

DeraiLer

I find he has a great wit to him and can keep my interest. Buffy, Firefly. Great shows I liked. I also enjoyed his movies Serenity and some small art house flick called Avengers.

JasonzSon

You ever watch Dollhouse by any chance?

DeraiLer

No, never got around to it. It was cancelled after one season right?

Shadow

I also like Whedon's stuff, too... don't really understand all the hate some people have for him. Has a good mix of humor, action, etc. My only real gripe is that he has a knack for killing off main characters at the end of a series/movie, for no real reason other than 'because.'

JasonzSon

Quote from: DeraiLer on April 08, 2013, 06:26:01 AM
No, never got around to it. It was cancelled after one season right?
Might be, I think I only saw one season on IMDb.

Crash Dummie

Quote from: JasonzSon on April 07, 2013, 07:56:18 AM
You ever watch Dollhouse by any chance?
I just started watching it. The first episode was sort of meh; a bit clichéd, and a lot of exposition, but I liked the concept.

It keeps getting better though, I'm digging it.

JasonzSon

Oh, I just finished watching all 7 seasons of Buffy and 3 1/2 seasons of Angel.  I'll be looking to start another show on Netflix soon.

gorefan1428

Quote from: JasonzSon on May 16, 2013, 12:49:54 PM
Oh, I just finished watching all 7 seasons of Buffy and 3 1/2 seasons of Angel.  I'll be looking to start another show on Netflix soon.

buffy was a great show   remember watching it when it aired other than that havent seen much of his stuff.

if your looking for a  great show on netflix give supernatural a go.