Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Game of Thrones

Started by KennyThaKilla, April 01, 2013, 12:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyThaKilla

Yes, at some point, that twat Joffrey must die the most horrible death ever... or this show will end up being the biggest disappointment in the history of cable tv.

(and no, that's not an invitation for book readers to post any spoilerish hints as to his demise, or lack thereof)  [*thumbsup*]

DeraiLer

He dies when a dragon drops a 5 ton shit on him.

KennyThaKilla

That would be a fitting end. Needs more blood, though.

Doomed Knight

KennyThaKilla

Well, I was thinking Joffrey's blood, but I guess that would work too.

Shadow

So I'm almost done with season one... just one or two episodes left. Now things are getting interesting.

Shadow

So I'm now current with the show, as of sometime last week.

The wedding...

Doomed Knight

hehe, can't wait for season 4, damn you cliffhangers of last episode

JasonzSon

Season Premiere! Gotta love my girl Arya here. Not much happened this week but I think it did a very fitting job of setting up what to expect this season. I did notice some very conspicuous absences though (unless they died and I forgot).

Shadow

Yeah, a hell of a start to the season but then it did kind of petered off. It was still solid, and most season premieres tend to be a bit on the slow side anyhow, so I don't really hold it against them.

Most of the time they seem to have "two" series going on between all the characters in the story, but I think they did a very good job this time around hitting just about all of the main people. I wouldn't be surprised if the next episode or so includes the other missing people into the full arc.

Jigsaw

Quote from: JasonzSon on July 18, 2017, 04:01:34 PM
Season Premiere! Gotta love my girl Arya here. Not much happened this week but I think it did a very fitting job of setting up what to expect this season. I did notice some very conspicuous absences though (unless they died and I forgot).

Beginning was fantastic, with the Freys wiped out. Despite the likely innocent Freys present, still good riddance.

Interesting things going on in Winterfell - I agree more with Jon than I do Sansa on the Karstark and Umber situation, but I do think that Jon needs to be willing to listen to Sansa more (despite her atrocious actions regarding Littlefinger last season).

Wanted to see more of Davos Seaworth, as I think that his guidance could be extremely helpful, but we'll have time for that later.

Stuff with the Hound, Thoros of Myr, and Beric Dondarrion was more filler, but it is sad to see that the Hound is falling to the influence of the Lord of the Light religion. I'll take the Braavosi version of God anytime.

Jaime and Cersei was moderately filler - I don't think much of Euron Greyjoy, but I liked his dig at Cersei and Jaime's incest.

Samwell was mostly more filler, though now that he knows dragonglass can be found on Dragonstone, hopefully Jon will try and talk things out with Daenerys as opposed to attempting to fight her.

Speaking of which, great to see Dani get to Dragonstone* (see below) - as a strong supporter of Daenerys, especially given her advisers, who include some of the wisest in Westoris, it was heart-warming to finally see her touch ground (literally). A slow, drawn-out ending, but fantastically done.

*On a side note, I saw some people complain about how it was unrealistic that Stannis left the castle unmanned - given Stannis' nature, and the mission he partook on, it made sense to me he'd bring all the men he had, given that he didn't have much to begin with.

Not sure if I missed anything - thought it was a decent opener, and while it had obvious filler, great to see some things fall more into place.

Shadow

Man, the Targs just really love boning each other. Even continents and zombie hordes won't stop them.