Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Best songs from horror films

Started by Jigsaw, July 17, 2022, 01:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw

And I'm not talking the greatest themes here, such as Halloween's classic theme.

For instance, Prom Night end with a depressive song titled "Fade to Black" by Gordene Simpson.

The Orphan (1979) is not a good movie. It's far more a drama than it is a horror. However, it does have the song "I Need to Live Alone Again" by Janis Ian (of "At Seventeen" fame).

From the criminally underrated B.O.R.N. (1989), also known under the title Merchants of Death, there's a fantastic song titled "How Do You Begin" by Jenifer Smith Meisner.

Lastly, lets end with an up-beat song. From Blacula, we have the insanely catchy "There He Is Again" by The Hues Corporation. Believe me, this went to my iTunes immediately.

What are some of your favorite songs from horror films?

Jigsaw

Forgot one.

From Neon Maniacs, we have "Baby Lied" by Rick Bowles, another rather catchy song.

Chucky

I find certain songs and movies together elevate one another. The link you gave for "Fade to Black" doesn't work for me, maybe it's location restricted, but I concur for that one.

These other two immediately come to mind.

Frank Sparks - "Melissa"

Katie Irving - "I Never Dreamed Someone Like You (Could Love Someone Like Me)"

Chucky

Oh, btw... I actually have a copy of B.O.R.N on VHS... but don't think I've ever seen the movie.

Chucky

Thought of a few more...

Vincente Thoma - "Faceless"

Sung by the films lead actress, Deborah Tranelli - "Still Got a Love"

Jigsaw

Quote from: Chucky on July 17, 2022, 01:39:08 AM

Have to admit, I don't remember this one, but then again, I only watch Carrie when I have to. Definitely a solid song.

Jigsaw

Quote from: Chucky on July 17, 2022, 01:42:55 AM
Oh, btw... I actually have a copy of B.O.R.N on VHS... but don't think I've ever seen the movie.

It's a surprisingly solid movie. Pretty dark feel at times. Only big issue is P.J. Soles, who does feel a bit goofy, but Russ Tamblyn does fantastic with his character.

Now, naturally, this may just be another of my odd quirks, but I did think the movie was pretty good, so if you ever have the desire, check it out. [*thumbsup*]

gorefan1428

one of my favorite songs from my favorite band.
not only that this whole movie soundtrack was killer start to finish
And the band cameo at the beginning of the film was just icing on the cake

Chucky

Quote from: Jigsaw on July 17, 2022, 02:08:09 AM
Quote from: Chucky on July 17, 2022, 01:39:08 AM

Have to admit, I don't remember this one, but then again, I only watch Carrie when I have to. Definitely a solid song.

I believe it is sung by Amy Irving's sister.