Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

Long time no see

Started by CptDisaster, September 09, 2021, 05:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptDisaster

Hello all,

I doubt very much people will remember me , truth be told I don't remember my old username  as it must be well over a decade ago by now.
It is good to see the site is still around I remember dialing in to a few of the review shows back in the day. Spending all my credit to spend to talk about Dance of the Dead of all things.

I've recently been spending a lot of time reacquainting myself with Hellraiser, Wishmaster and more when I got a longing for the days of my youth were I just talked shop with the people here.

I really hope you are all doing well and I am glad to see the site is still knocking about.

Jigsaw

So I was going to ask what your old username was, and then reread your second sentence.  [*laugh*]

Glad to see you back, though.

I miss those old review days (I know I did a zombie one, with The Dead Pit, City of the Living Dead, and some others), but Chucky and I have gotten back to review shows (https://www.youtube.com/user/FightEvilcom/videos) and have 48 episodes (five movies each episode) uploaded, so that might be worth checking out.

It's hard to go wrong with Hellraiser or Wishmaster (at least until Hellraiser: Bloodline or Wishmaster 2), but the first movies in the series are just as great as they've always been.

Again, nice to see you back - we're glad to have you.

CptDisaster

Quote from: Jigsaw on September 10, 2021, 02:29:34 AM
So I was going to ask what your old username was, and then reread your second sentence.  [*laugh*]

Glad to see you back, though.

I miss those old review days (I know I did a zombie one, with The Dead Pit, City of the Living Dead, and some others), but Chucky and I have gotten back to review shows (https://www.youtube.com/user/FightEvilcom/videos) and have 48 episodes (five movies each episode) uploaded, so that might be worth checking out.

It's hard to go wrong with Hellraiser or Wishmaster (at least until Hellraiser: Bloodline or Wishmaster 2), but the first movies in the series are just as great as they've always been.

Again, nice to see you back - we're glad to have you.

Yeah , I wish I could remember my old name. It was probably something similar to this as I've not used this ID in years but alas perhaps someone has archived the old reviews and I can catch it there.

I remember yourself, Akasha, Chucky and Shadow although I feel I am missing someone.
Good times anyway, going to have to give the new review shows a listen thank you !

With regards to Wishmaster 2 that film is just a disaster and why I love it so much.
Look forward to sticking around :) *insert predator stick around scene image.

EDIT;
Found my old profile on archive.org it is the same username but my god reading my profile bio is cringe inducing.

Chucky

Hey, welcome back. Every now and then someone from the past returns... maybe for a day or two, but then they disappear again. Which I get... but it would be awesome for some oldies to come back and stick around.

Jiggy and I are working on new review formats for the website and for YouTube... so this basically means the website will be redeveloped. Not sure how long it will take, but we do meet up regularly and make progress with each and every session.

CptDisaster

Quote from: Chucky on September 10, 2021, 06:21:38 PM
Hey, welcome back. Every now and then someone from the past returns... maybe for a day or two, but then they disappear again. Which I get... but it would be awesome for some oldies to come back and stick around.

Jiggy and I are working on new review formats for the website and for YouTube... so this basically means the website will be redeveloped. Not sure how long it will take, but we do meet up regularly and make progress with each and every session.

Yeah I get that completely, hoping to stick around though! Looking forward to the updates.

Shadow

Quote from: CptDisaster on September 10, 2021, 01:49:26 PMEDIT;
Found my old profile on archive.org it is the same username but my god reading my profile bio is cringe inducing.
I was going to say- your user name seemed awfully familiar. Had to have been used before.

Quote from: Chucky on September 10, 2021, 06:21:38 PM

I'm definitely guilty of this. Been busy with more OT, more school, and more house stuff... never ends. Makes it easy to put stuff on the backburner with the expectation that there will hardly be any replies, if any at all, upon revisiting after another day or so.  [*cry*]

How is this website update coming along, by the way? I'd imagine now you'd have much more headway on how you'd like to have it set up compared to now.

Jigsaw

Honestly, I'm just happy you're alive, Shadow. My life is void of pretty much everything, giving me more time to devote here, but I certainly understand how a much busier life would make it a lot more difficult to check in every day.

Maybe once things stabilize down the line, and these updates come on through, thinks will improve.

Hope you're doing well, Shadow. [*thumbsup*]

Chucky

Quote from: Shadow on February 05, 2022, 06:12:46 PM
How is this website update coming along, by the way? I'd imagine now you'd have much more headway on how you'd like to have it set up compared to now.

Quite honestly, the last 6-12 months sucked for me and it's been full of depressing procrastination, though Jiggy and I do meet up usually every 2-3 weeks to watch a movie, discuss it, review it etc and discuss whatever else.

I do want to get things moving again, and I think the past week has shown some new glimmers of hope that I can get back on track.

Shadow

Quote from: Jigsaw on February 11, 2022, 07:16:20 AM
Honestly, I'm just happy you're alive, Shadow. My life is void of pretty much everything, giving me more time to devote here, but I certainly understand how a much busier life would make it a lot more difficult to check in every day.

Maybe once things stabilize down the line, and these updates come on through, thinks will improve.

Hope you're doing well, Shadow. [*thumbsup*]

Oh I'm doing just fine... just very busy. Twelve hour work days minimum, and that is on the days that I don't teach. Then compound the regular old life stuff I have to either cram in on the weekends, or weeknights after work- it is mainly just plain hectic. I suppose I don't have to put up with it as much as I do, but work really needs the help... and with the way things are going I figure the extra funds couldn't hurt because who knows what shitshow will be coming next. Didn't plan on waiting for Uncle Sam handouts before this crap started... certainly not going to do it when they can barely string together a proper English sentence.

Still haven't caught this super duper dangerous virus of definite unknown origin that is meant to kill us all, either. At least as far as I'm aware. In fact, I haven't gotten anything outside of basic allergies since before the craze started... and I haven't really changed my lifestyle at all.

Kind of a morbid thought, but I have thought on occasion- how many people did we used to have as members that disappeared actually "disappear"... if you catch my drift? Even before the attack of the sniffles it was something I've wondered.

Quote from: Chucky on February 12, 2022, 02:43:33 AMQuite honestly, the last 6-12 months sucked for me and it's been full of depressing procrastination, though Jiggy and I do meet up usually every 2-3 weeks to watch a movie, discuss it, review it etc and discuss whatever else.

I do want to get things moving again, and I think the past week has shown some new glimmers of hope that I can get back on track.
Yeah it seems like Aus (or at least some places in it) has really been hell in terms of going off the deep end from all this crap... and I'm sure that doesn't even completely factor in just regular life things for you, either. Just means more time for you to get things exactly the way you want them, though... I'm sure there is no big rush.

Now if only some of our other lazy bastard former members would hop back on!

RoughCut

Hey guys, Sorry to dredge up an old post but using my old laptop for the first time in a long time and when I came onlne this was the first link on my favourites. I'm gutted my old profile got deleted (my own fault due to inactivity). I see some old faces on Facebook from time to time but sure would be nice to get actively talking on here again. Most of my friends don't like horror so would be great for this place to get busy again. Seems like a lifetime ago...

Whats been happening? Chucky, any chance we can get the fights back up and running?! Sorry man, had to ask! haha

Jigsaw

I'll let Chucky tackle the questions you asked; I just wanted to say welcome back.

I know what you mean about friends not being into horror - while I have a friend who will watch an occasional zombie movie (more for background noise than anything else), few of them have an interest in really delving into the genre, which is why I like these horror-based communities.

Of course, forums are seen as somewhat old-fashioned today, which is why I also tend to use Twitter, but it would definitely be great to see some more life on the site, and given that we're not too far out from an overhaul on the forums, you chose a good time to pop back in.

Chucky

Message boards have somewhat made a resurgence through new entities, such as Discord. It's always good to have your own message board which you have full control over when, if at some point, places like Facebook or Discord die and people end up losing all of the audiences/followers they accumulated.

Quote from: RoughCut on April 25, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
Whats been happening? Chucky, any chance we can get the fights back up and running?! Sorry man, had to ask! haha

This is actually closer to a reality than what you might be expecting. I am about to upgrade the forum (which may be done by the time you read this). And I am also working on a new responsive website, which does have plans to bring back the whole fights/characters stuff once again.

Shadow

It looks like the update to the forum took. Looking nice. [*thumbsup*]

Quote from: RoughCut on April 25, 2023, 07:30:21 PMHey guys, Sorry to dredge up an old post but using my old laptop for the first time in a long time and when I came onlne this was the first link on my favourites. I'm gutted my old profile got deleted (my own fault due to inactivity). I see some old faces on Facebook from time to time but sure would be nice to get actively talking on here again. Most of my friends don't like horror so would be great for this place to get busy again. Seems like a lifetime ago...

I remember your username. Good to see you again. You've been doing well?