Browse | Create Account | Sign In
Movies & Television | Characters | Message Boards
Browse

American Horror Story

Started by DrumrbaxJ, February 05, 2013, 03:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrumrbaxJ

What do we think? And feel free to not spoil any endings, especially second season as I have not caught up since last year.

Shadow

I've seen one episode at the behest of family. It seemed alright, but I think my issue with it is that I watched an episode during the middle of a season. I want to give it a watch from the start sometime.

L-Face

Never got into this. It had the misfortune of coming around at the same time as the Walking Dead. Made the decision to go with TWD. I regret nothing.

DrumrbaxJ

You aren't capable of watching more than one show, L?
And I would encourage it Shadow, if for no other reason than it has some genuinely excellent parts and I surprised myself by actually enjoying it.

L-Face

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 05, 2013, 04:28:03 AM
You aren't capable of watching more than one show, L?
Nope, not really. I put my eggs into one basket and hope for the best. Besides, AHS has been going on too long and I don't feel like playing catch up.

DrumrbaxJ

Both seasons are self contained separate stories. They share actors, but not characters. So you can watch them in whichever order you want, or just watch the one without fear of missing anything.

Shadow

Quote from: DrumrbaxJ on February 05, 2013, 04:36:13 AM
Both seasons are self contained separate stories. They share actors, but not characters. So you can watch them in whichever order you want, or just watch the one without fear of missing anything.
That's a pretty interesting concept.

DrumrbaxJ

Makes life easier too. Write the story for one season, follow it up with a new story. Keeps it somewhat "fresh". And you can keep giving the same actors roles but give them a chance to try their hands at something different.

Akasha

Love, love love the second season of American Horror Story! The first season was alright, but I just saw it after watching the second. So I might be biased  [*happy*]

DrumrbaxJ

I felt like the first was leagues ahead of the second. I just felt lost a lot of the time for Asylum. I knew what was going on, but it was just so "lost" for lack of a better word.

Jigsaw

A friend of mine watches the series and recommended it, but I don't feel as though I have time to watch a horror series.

Akasha

Top notch acting though, worth a watch.

Chucky

Only seen the first episode, just felt odd that they used music from Insidious in this... using music from another movie felt cheap.

Akasha

I knew that sounded familiar. Hmmm... Still like Insidious. I'm not afraid to admit I was actually scared at some points...

DrumrbaxJ

The first season's opening credits still fucks me over.